[pct-l] re: recycled member

Hello Y'all,

I was on this list before it's move, but lost my way. Now I've
rediscovered the trail and am back on pct-l. In case I need some
introduction:

Name's Craig Smith, occupation-academic librarian in Springfield, MO. Age
45, married. I've been a backpacker since age 18, and have hiked in
mountains, forests, and desert in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado,
Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Missouri.

Most of my trips have, so far, consisted of loops from 18-45 miles in
length, and 3-8 days in duration. Longest time spent backpacking was from
early October 1973-late December 1973 in the Santa Catalina and Rincon
mountains outside Tucson, Arizona. Distance covered, after crisscrossing
these small ranges several times, perhaps 400 miles.

I'm looking at doing parts of the PCT in sections, since it is unlikely
that I'll ever be able to get the time off to hike the trail in one time
period. In preparation, I may cover the Ozark Highlands Trail this fall (165
miles) to see if I have the right philosophical attitude.

Well, guess that's it.