[pct-l] Overdue Hiker

Is anyone on this list associated with the National Park Service? Or, does
anyone have a contact at the NPS?
Last July, the Ranger out of Bench Lake (Randy Morgenson) was reported
missing. He had been a Backcountry Ranger for 20-plus years and was last seen
on July 21. There was an extensive search for more than 10 days. After that
the NPS "scaled down" their search efforts.

After we finished the JMT on August 7th, we were informed by Rangers in Lone
Pine that there was "still no news of Randy's whereabouts."

Does anyone know if the NPS ever discovered what really happened to Randy?

Charlie