[pct-l] software for DVD slideshows

On Mar 31, 2006, at 12:13 PM, The Weathercarrot wrote:
> << Anyone have a comparison to offer between this software and the
> "Ken Burns effect' feature in Apple iLife? >
> Photo to Movie is much more flexible in what it can do, such as
> rotations, curves (using more than two keyframes), change of
> direction, easing into a movement from a dead stop, or vice versa,
> etc. The Ken Burns affect in iMovie can only do a single non-stop
> one-direction movement.

I also believe, and I think WC would agree, that the movie created by
Photo to Movie is much better 'looking' when compared to the Ken
Burns Effect in iMovie.  They must use different algorithms.  I think
the KB Effect generates a lot of artifacts.  It is more work to
switch between the two apps but I think the extra quality is worth it.

Gary Wright