[pct-l] Mile 518.4 - Hikertown

yogi wrote:

> Another PCT-L post today from a 2005 hiker stated
> "females may feel more comfortable here in numbers".
> That should tell you a lot.  Do you want to spend time
> at a place like that?  It appears to me that the bad
> vibe that surrounds this place has not disappeared.

to be fair, i only included that bit in my post because of stories i've
heard from previous hikers' experiences, mostly thru various trail
journals. when i was there, it was only me and one other hiker, another
guy. so i have no first-hand knowledge of how the gals are treated
there. i didn't meet skaggs either- he wasn't around when i was there.
for me, hikertown was a fine, uneventful experience, and bob the
caretaker went out of his way to meet my needs and make me feel welcome.
ymmv.

cheers-
girlscout