[pct-l] Six Moon Designs' Essence - first impressions

So, I get home from work yesterday and I see a
priority mail envelope. I notice the return address
label..it is from Six Moon Designs! My new pack is
in!!!!!!

I usually don't gush over gear, but I gotta say, I
love this pack. Simple, light (13 oz!) has some neat
features like hip belt pockets.

I like how this pack loads like a zipped up duffle bag
, then you can turn it up like a pack. Think will make
my gear management easy.

With this pack, I eliminated my water bottle holster
and a fanny pack. I also finally switched to a generic
blue foam pad (cut down) that weighs six ounces. Not
sure WHY I have not done this years before. Ah well.
Down to 8# 10 oz. Less weight in my pack means I can
carry the essentials (wine, Snickers, more wine,
beer..etc.).

I hope to get many useful miles out of it on the CDT.
I  don't know what Ron's inventory is like, but if you
want a light pack for your light load, this pack seems
to be a winner.

For you amusement, I wrote a "colorful gear review". I
don't take myself seriously, but I did write some
mildly useful/amusing gear reviews of stuff I use for
backpacking. Figured if I was going to post one
review, why not go all the way. ;)
http://snipurl.com/nr00

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com