[pct-l] Apologies to Reinhold.

Judging by the number of very angry and demeaning personal emails I have recieved, I have obviously offended someone that the majority of the PCT-L group hold in demi-god status.  For the simple act of asking "What's your hurry?", I have been lambasted and physically threatened.  It has been pointed out to me that I should make this public so as not to encur any more wrath or ill-feelings from this group, so here goes.

To Reinhold Metzger, I hope that you continue to enjoy your fast-paced trips through the High Sierra.  Personally, I would get no joy from that sort of trip, but "to each his own."  If I happen to meet up with you on the trail, I will be happy to shake your hand and wish you a good journey.

To "JD", I can assure you that I am not a bastard, as my parents were legally married at the time of both my conception and birth.  And if I meet YOU on the trail, I just might reciprocate with your offer to "beat some sense into me."

To "Mary", I don't consider it insulting at all to ask questions about why someone does something.  Why do you find it so insulting that someone else has an opposing opinion?

To "James", No I have never met Reinhold.  Nor have I ever called him names are called into question his character.  Have you ever met me?  No, and yet you HAVE called me names and questioned my character.

To "Lisa", I STILL don't know who "Deems" is, nor where to see any photos that have been posted by this person.  That does not make me a stupid or ignorant person.  Do a Google search on the "John Muir Trail" yourself and tell me how many hits YOU get.

There are several others to mention here (11 in total now), but I don't think any more of them deserve the dignityh of a response.

I have obviously committed a cardinal sin by asking questions of, and expressing opinions contrary too, a much more frequent and well-known member of this group.  I have been reading and posting on this group for several years and haven't seen this kind of response before.  I quess in the future I should just keep my opinions and questions to myself until I find my way into the "inner-circle" of this group.  Or perhaps, in the future, I will just not post anything at all.

In the meantime, Good Luck to everyone on their respective thru- and section hikes.  I hope we all have good weather this year.

Jim