[pct-l] water

Here is my two-cents about water caches...
  I hiked in 2005, the year of desert water.  Make a plan to hike without using the caches, then when it turns out that you planned poorly (personal experience) they can really help you out.  There was only one empty cache last year when I hiked ( 4 days after the KO) in the desert.  It was just north of Cajon Pass at Swarthout Canyon road.  Please don't bathe with cache water, that's a pet peeve of mine and just my opinion but if you want to bathe carry the water that you need.

  Also, to whom ever wanted to know about the Hat Creek Rim water caches, try contacting the Old Station Trail Angles the Heitman's.  When I was there this summer they were helping out the ususal cache maintainers and were filling all of those caches up there.  They may be able to help you out or tell you who might be able to help you.  Happy Trails,
  NITRO

Yahoo! Mail