[pct-l] Re: Caffiene

Coffee is probably not the most logical thing to drink on the trail due to
its diuretic effect, but I can't help it, I'm addicted to the stuff.
Sometimes I take instant chai type tea powder from Sam's club or Trader Joe's,  but I
notice it has coconut oil in it which is high in cholesterol.  My  doctor
wants me to get my cholesterol down a little.  For coffee on the  trail, I grind
up good arabica coffee beans (at home) and use a MSR  Mugmate to make it.  I
flick the used grounds out and rinse it with hot  water.  For some reason I
can't tolerate instant coffee, but that's just  me.  I notice that the coffee that
comes in bags like teabags has a lot of  instant in it.

John Coyle
Sack Town