[pct-l] Mt. Whitney to Grow

_carlito@gmail.com_ (mailto:carlito@gmail.com)   writes:

don't  you think it would be easier to climb up there now and wait? That's
15,000  feet of effortless climbing, my friend.

Actually, my big Mt. Whitney plan  is to be on top for sunrise.  That is next
on the agenda for Mt. Whitney,  so may be your idea will workout.  I just
might be on top when the big push  upward happens.  Cooooool.

I even have an oxygen bottle for  the next trip.  Any O2 left over from my
use, I will sell short takes  for $1.00 each.  Don't worry, I will have lots of
customers.  But if I  end up at 25,000 feet, then I will probably use it all.
I will be in or  near the Zone of Death as the mountaineers say.

Let's push for a tram up Mt.  Whitney too.  I might even be persuaded to have
nice painted white border  stones along the trail too.  They already have the
big entry/exit  structure.

I wonder if I could combined a  24-hour round trip with my sunrise quest.
Mt. Whitney in one day.   That would be a super neat trip and goal.

Cheers,  Switchback