[pct-l] fuel cannisters

Volume of water may have been the problem.
I always use only 2 cups for all the meals I've taken.

Saturday night's dinner was chicken noodle soup. Sounded real good in
the grocery store while I contemplated the chilly temps.
The package said "makes 8 servings", so I cut it in half and packed half
in a freezer bag. The instructions called for eight cups for the entire
package.
I wanted something slightly "thicker", so I only tried to boil 3 cups
instead of 4.

I used to cook meal in my Ti-pot. But I've been turned on to the
dehydrated-freezer-bag-in-a-cozy thing.
Now I only add boiling water into a freezer bag (dehydrated food packed
inside), place it in a cozy and wait 10 minutes. Eat right out of the
bag!
No pot to clean and the mess is already in a ziplock bag. Any special
instructions can be written with a Sharpie right on the bag.

Quick, clean and easy.

My Buddy, Dave, has a dehydrator (and he's an excellent cook!) and he
made up some awesome meals for our last September's Sierra trip.
Works with all the grocery store shelf meals where only water is called
for.

Michael Saenz ,  Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE          MVE    Institutional         MVE    S t u d i o
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m