[pct-l] Still Walking DVD

So last night it was a snowy evening. My bottom right
ribs are still aching a little bit from a skiing
accident about a week ago (my chest met a
boulder..ouch), and it was cold out.

Should I attempt run..or should I slack off and watch
my new copy of "Still Walking".

If you can't guess by the subject line, laziness won
out. :)

After watching this DVD, you realize how much of a
fever long-distance hiking can be. Once it is in your
system, you may go it remission, but it can about
again at any time.  The desire to grab a pack and see
what is over the horizon is a strong one for many
people.

This DVD focused more on the community than the trail
itself. "Walk" and "Still Walking" are good companion
pieces. As somone said, "Walk" shows the trail from
the  outsiders perspective. "Still Walking" is a
celebration of the trail community from a person now
part of it. The community many of us belong to.

After watching "Still Walking" my fever spiked. The
wanderlust was already  upon me as I get ready for the
CDT hike. Watching "Still Walking" wanted me to quit
right now and head out to the divide.  Though, all
this snow does makes hiking the divide a bit difficult
right now. Of course my backcoutry ski skills
obviously aint't that great, too!  :-) Guess I'll wait
until late June.

So, if you enjoy this crazy tribe known as long
disance hikers get "Still Walking".  Warning: your
Wanderlust Fever may get worse, though!

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com