[pct-l] Re: Medical alert

Reinhold,
Sorry to hear about your accident. I have a suggestion
regarding staying warmer (though it would require
extra fuel). We have just returned from a couple of
Sierra Club snowcamping trips with 15 degree nights. I
found that filling my Naglene bottle with boiling hot
water and then sticking it in my sleeping bag made it
comfortably warm all night. One can put the bottle in
the bottom of the bag if your feet are cold; in your
case, you might want to kept it near your shoulder.
Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books
"We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill--Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers." More info at: www.backpack45.com
Free twice-monthly Backpacking/Hiking newsletter. Subscribe at: backpack45 "at sign" yahoo.com.