[pct-l] Nunatak Down Sweater

No, I have not had the down sweater  on the trail yet or any overnight
camping.  It will be the top half of my  sleeping bag system too.  What I am playing
with now is the bottom part of  the sleeping system.  I was thinking of the
new Nunatak 8 ounce half bag  for it.

The sweater packs down like a small sleeping bag.   Remember that mine is
parka length, XL, and with a hood.  It is pretty  big, but very nice.  I was
thinking of a silk liner as an over bag for it  when sleeping.  I can always put
on my rain suit too at night.  I have  done that and it is comfortable.  I use
cheap Walmart house slippers for my  feet with clean hiking socks at night
too.  They double as camp  shoes.  Of course, this is for 3-season hiking.

As far as being worn and useful as  a jacket, I have no doubts about it being
super.  I figure the Epic outer  fabric will do well.

By the way, as far as the sleeping  system goes, a full length foam pad is
key to me staying warm.  Actually, I  think my GossamerGear Night Light pad is
3/4 length, whatever that  means.

I don't know why, but I like to  test things out on the trail, including food
ideas.  I won't test them out  at home.  I go directly to a hike and then see
how things work.  I  guess that is dumb, but that is what I like to do.

Cheers,  Switchback