[pct-l] cold water food experiment

We hosted the Boutenkos, a family of raw food vegetarians in '98.  They told us that anything that can be cooked to become soft can also be soaked for the same effect.  Rice, noodles, grains, etc.  They especially advocated soaking nuts, indicating that when the nuts which are essentially seeds are soaked, they begin to sprout, thinking it's time to grow into a nut tree.  When this occurs, the seed goes through a metamorphis that makes it more nutritious by some exponential factor.  So, soaking your nuts (ahem) is better than eating them raw.

L-Rod