[pct-l] Re: Deet

I've tried Ultrathon spray and so far, I'm not impressed, other than
it doesn't smell as much. Cream wasn't available in these parts last
year, but might be now.
The Survival school I went through was the Coast Guard's in Kodiak.
At that time, they were taking Alaska troopers, Fish and Game, other
military and a few civilians with the right connections. My Deet
knowledge is 20 years old so I appreciate the update on
effectiveness. My personal experience has been that of all the
repellents out there, 100% deet still keeps 'em away the best and
lasts longest. I just put up with the negative side-effects.
I sent a note to Cutter telling them that Cutter Advanced (Picaridin)
worked as advertised for me for about an hour at best, but came off
so easily it wasn't practical for all-day back country work. Of
course I didn't get much of a reply.
Heet? heck, I'll stick with rocket fuel myself. The only alcohol
worth packin' around is pure grain!
Rick