[pct-l] Trail Foods Link Needed!

Raeba,
 Also, if you can get ahold of the books by Tim and Christine Conners,
("Lipsmackin' Backpackin'", and the vegetarian version), they also use a
similar system. Hey Wayne, thanks for that link-- I just bought her book
using PayPal. I eventually reasoned, as I was prepping some food using the
Conners' book, that this sort of thing (precooking/dehydrating/vacuum
packaging for the purpose of just adding boiling water to prehydrated food
and then letting it sit in an insulated container) could be done on
virtually anything that can be cooked and rehydrated. My goal is to enjoy my
trip without worrying about long cooking times and using excessive fuel.
It's a helluva lot of work right now-- but I am getting closer to my goal of
150 home-cooked and dehydrated dinners. I think I am going to use Sarah's
book for ease in assembling breakfasts. Thanks again for the link! Good luck
Raeba-- contact me for some recipes if you decide you are going to try out
this food system.
Jeff