[pct-l] PCTA TrailFest Hike

In a message dated 2/6/2006 10:47:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dsaufley@sprynet.com writes:

The hike  is on Sunday, as is the trail work project.  There's also a ride on
the  Palm Springs Tram up to the top of Jacinto I've heard it's spectacular.
 Saturday, April 1 (all day) will be the trail classes and vendor fair.

-=Donna Saufley=-
Trail Fest Chairperson
Donna

I have hiked, backpacked, snow shoed all round the Mountain. Here are some
nice hikes
Source 101 Hikes in Southern, CA & San Jacinto Wilderness Trail Map can  be
purchased at top of Tram.

San  Jacinto Peak (The Hard Way)
Know as the Cactus to the Clouds hike. Greatest elevation gain of any  hike
in the lower 48, 20 miles 10,600 gain/2500 loss, 9000 feet in 4 horizontal
miles.  Best time May thru June. Can  be over 100 degrees. Start around 4:00 AM
San  Jacinto Peak (The Easy Way)
Take Palm  Springs Aerial Tramway (619 325 1391) Ticket is good for  round
trip. Restaurant at top. Pick up pass at Ranger Hut follow trail to  Round
Valley to Wellman Divide 5.8 miles Then just  about a 2.7 mi to Jacinto Peak. John
Muir said it?s the greatest  sublime spectacle view anywhere on earth.
This is also a good Hike.  A  car shuttle from Humber Park (Idyllwild) to
Tramway
Humber Park Devil Slide Trail to Saddle Junction to Long Valley (Tram)  about
8 miles
Shuttle miles one way 55
San Jacinto Peak From Devil Slide  round Trip around 16 plus mi.