[pct-l] "Grizzly Man" on TV tonight

Donna, now we're talking.  I have not yet seen this film, but I have
here in my hand a copy of the book, One Man's Wilderness, An Alaskan
Odyssey by Sam Keith from the journals and photographs of Richard
Proenneke.  On page 68 of this paperback version there is a
photograph of a stack of pancakes drizzled in Proenekke's homemade
wild blueberry syrup and topped with a few pieces of bacon.  This is
the most beautiful photograph, no, the most beautiful image of any
kind that I have ever seen.  It should be hanging in the Louvre,
perhaps with a plaque inscribed with a brief message in French,
consoling the French people for the culinary failure of their crepes
as compared to these flapjacks.  I have attempted without success to
replicate this image in my own kitchen on any number of Saturday
mornings.  Near my home stands the original pancake house.  I am
referring here to the original, and possibly the only, restaurant
devoted entirely to serving pancakes and pancakes only all the time.
There is always a long wait to get a table. This is a pancake house
so special that my wife and I chose to consume the first breakfast of
our married life therein.   I am thinking that I should take them a
copy of this photograph and tell them, "See, here, THESE are
flapjacks."  I believe they would bow their heads in silent homage.
I guess I'll have to get a hold of a copy of this film about
Proenneke, but I have a question:  Does the film version, by any
chance, have pancakes in it?

Wayne Kraft