[pct-l] ULA HELIX ICE AXE

The axe is non-technical. That DOES mean that using
the axe for any sort of technical activity such as an
anchor, belays, or another activity beyond the scope
of walking on a snowy slope is NOT recommended or
endorsed. However, it DOES NOT mean that if used for
self-arrest, chopping steps, and other non-technical
situations likely (or unlikely) encountered while
walking snowy slopes that the axe will disintegrate or
snap like a popsicle stick. Trust me, the popsicle
stick axe I designed first was MUCH lighter, but darn
it, it just was not quite as strong as the carbon
fiber...

Lets keep this in perspective folks...please do not
tie my ice axe into the larger context of what is
philosophically appropriate for a thru-hike. We are
all adults capable of objectively assessing our skill
set, our respective gear, and making well-informed
decisions based on our own judgement.

Carry what you want, do what you will, but know that
others have the intellegence and capability to form
their own opinions and make appropriate decisions.

Brian