[pct-l] Trail Shoes (rephrased)

>Oh for heaven's sake!
>
>Lemme be clearerer....
>
>There is NO number 803 through 807 on the web site with any prefix or
>suffix.

803 replaced 802, 804 replaced 803, 805 replaced 804, etc., etc. ...

The "M809AT" is probably the continuation of the '800' line...

But, beware, I've seen pct-l postings that state that a newer NB model wasn't as good a trail shoe as previous model(s)...

Personally, I don't use NB for trail shoes - not enough support or protection for my feet - I use Montrail or Merrell (but the Merrells are heavier)...

>I'm a cheap bastard.

Don't be "cheap" in outfitting your feet!!!  The shoes you choose may actually be the most important piece of gear to a successful hike!

Try on as many makes/models of shoes that you can - until you're sick of trying, or the store asks you to leave!
And go to a store (such as REI) with a liberal return policy...

Happy hunting and...   Happy trails!!!