[pct-l] Rides back to the Kickoff party (for those starting early)

The ADZ "ride-back" program is operated thru the ADZ website (when updated in
the next couple weeks) and has a link for "rides wanted" and "rides offered"
and has worked well in the past to hook up those who wish to start early and
still attend the kickoff.

Also, putting a note of request just before you leave to the PCT-L list often
nets results.  Many people coming to the kickoff come from points north and
can stop at the various trail heads to pick up hikers on the way as the head
south to Lake Morena.

The ADZPCTKO is working out to be another great event.  We are re-focusing
the presentations to be solely related to the interest of our guests; the
aspiring thru- and significant section hikers.  The pavillion will have its windows
blacked out so that presentations on the water and snow conditions, the flora
and fauna of the PCT, the geology of the PCT and first aid, etc. talks can be
shown during the day and repeated on Friday and Saturday, taking the pressure
off of hikers who wish to hike from the border on Friday and don't want to
miss an appropriate educational talk.

The USFS, the Trail Gorillas, many class reunions, etc. will be represented.

Stay tuned for more exciting news as the event grows closer.

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Grand Poobah!

(ADZPCTKO 2006 = April 28, 29 & 30th @ Lake Morena County Park)

In a message dated 1/23/2006 1:26:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,