From: Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@sbcglobal.net>
To: Kimberly Sorbello <ksorbello@hotmail.com>
CC
Subject: Re: [pct-l] section times: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:36:17 -0800

My vote for the Sierras would be after Labor Day being sure to finish your
hike by Oct 1 (or even a little sooner). No crowds, no bugs, pretty darn
good weather, though the later you are out there, the greater the
probability of some snow. On the other hand, it is drier and you'll see very
few wildflowers, not much snow on the peaks (most years), and the nights
will be a little colder.

The Wilderness Press guidebooks (vols 1, 2, and 3) generally have comments
about the best times of year to hike the various sections.

--Steve