[pct-l] Hammocks for the PCT?

I have a Hennessy (www.hennessyhammock.com/) and I don't think any of
their hammocks come with wedges or chocks that you could use to
string them from rocks, although you could certainly provide your own
and do just that  Although it is true that you can set up the
Hennessy like a tent on the ground (when you are "forced to the
ground" as hammockers put it) the problem with this is that the only
way to enter a Hennessey is through a slit in the bottom of the
hammock  Not impossible, but kinda inconvenient Of course, you can
easily string up the tarp section separately, but then you have no
bug protection and will probably want some kind of ground cloth

The main hammock problem is keeping warm and it is a much bigger
problem in western mountains than it is on the AT in summer  Hennessy
has a "super shelter" set up involving a silnylon under cover and an
open cell foam pad suspended beneath the hammock  I have one  It is
super convenient to use, but it really only gets me down to about 40
degrees or so  You can try an ordinary pad inside the hammock, but
they tend to slip around while you sleep and they are usually too
narrow, leaving parts of our body in direct contact with the outer
shell of the hammock That can be chilly  Some have designed pads with
"wings" affixed to the sides to cut off side drafts  The next step up
is to suspend either a down quilt or a down air mattress (DAM)
beneath the hammock  I haven't tried this but it sounds comfy
JacksRBetter (http://www.jacksrbetter.com/)makes such quilts and has
a model that fits the Hennessy's bottom entry slit  The DAM would be
great when you are forced to the ground, but the weight of all this
extra padding and insulation starts to add up

Side sleepers and even belly sleepers sometimes find they are
comfortable in a hammock, but I find sleeping in a hammock really
completely different from sleeping on the ground  I am a side sleeper
and the ground, but I find that I fall asleep easiest by allowing the
hammock to cradle me in a position about half way between sleeping on
the side and the back  I usually wake up in the morning on my back,
but the rounded bottom of the hammock allows me to sleep on my back
whereas on the ground I tend to awaken if I roll on to my back

I am interested in the comment about hanging from Joshua Trees  Last
spring I took my hammock to Joshua Tree NP, but wound up sleeping on
the ground  I was a little leery of the strength of the Joshua Trees
Has anyone here ever hung a hammock from a pair of Joshua's?

Wayne