[pct-l] Highsierracrampons?

I think, in general, that they are not that important.  The south side  of
Forester, the north side of Glen, north side of Mather, and north side of
Sonora Pass... they could come in handy...but.  I've been through the  Sierra a
dozen times and never used crampons.  Coulda used them for about  50' on the
Packwood Glacier this past summer, but careful, anus-clenched  stepping made do.
I am starting again on the PCT this year and do not plan  to use crampons.
One might consider what Brian Robinson did...and screw  hex head screws into
your tennis shoes.  A nut driver and a bag of screws  would be all you need.

"No Way Ray"  Echols