[pct-l] New Hiking Standard

Regarding tent colors:  Remember when Sierra Designs changed their tent color from bright blue to kind of a cloudy green?  Someone told me that SD did research and found that bears attack brightly-colored tents more than tents that blend into the trees.  Not sure if this was a rumor or not, but that's what I remember hearing.

  I guess if it's true, I'm screwed in my bright orange MSR Hubba.

  Regarding clothing colors:  Bright colors are happy colors!  I think there is too much tan, black, khaki, green in hiking clothing.  I certainly value function over color in hiking gear, but when I have the choice to wear happy colors vs gloomy colors, I'll pick the happy colors every time.

  yogi
  www.pcthandbook.com

Paul Magnanti <pmags@yahoo.com> wrote:  Looking at most of hiking gear, seems I like subdued
colors as well. Greens, browns and blacks. For three
season hiking, I tend to wear a long sleeve beige
shirt with black shorts. My pack is black. My hat is
khaki.

Guess I like the sudued colors as well.