[pct-l] What comes around

>> -- Datto wrote:
>> PS: page 32 -- Monte Dodge -- shouldn't there be >> a 35,000 page manifesto accompanying that
dew?

Funny how things always come around.

This week I was in Scottsdale, Arizona for some training, staying at the Courtyards by Marriott
hotel.

I've started working out again early in the morning and just hopped out of the hotel bed early on
Wednesday morning and went downstairs to the training center. After my workout I went straight
into the restaurant wearing my hiking garb I usually work out in. The restaurant serves a
cafeteria style full breakfast at this Courtyards so I got my breakfast and sat down at a table in
the restaurant to read the newspaper.

A waitress came over to my table and kept asking me my hotel room number. At first I couldn't
think of it (pop quiz at 6:30am I'm not good at) but then it came to me and I gave it to her. She
came back about 3 minutes later and wanted my hotel room again so since it was only three minutes
ago and my short term memory is not completely shot, I was able to provide my room number to her
again.

Well she came over a third time -- and this time accused me of being a vagrant. Ha! Can you
believe it! I told her to get away from me and to stay away from me. I charged my breakfast to the
room like I usually do when I'm staying in a motel with a restaurant.

Later I looked at my hair in the mirror upstairs in the hotel room -- whew, what a dew that was!
Some kinda game of Risk that had gone bad. I remembered the email I'd previously sent to the PCT
list -- realized I had The Full Monte dew.

This morning, when I was leaving to check out of the motel, the motel people had slipped the
reciept for the week under my door for me to review so I could take advantage of a Marriott 'quick
checkout'. Upon further review by the referees, the waitress had doctored my breakfast bill and
had added on a $10.00 tip for herself. I'm assuming this is due to the policy I have of not
tipping people who accuse me of vagrancy -- hairdo or no hairdo.

Honestly, I think it was the hiking garb. Okay, maybe the hair contributed but mostly it was the
hiking garb.

I spoke with the management of the motel and got the breakfast bill straightened out. Funny, I was
wearing my hiking garb then too but they actually paid attention to me.

Datto