[pct-l] Holiday Cheers....

To a long distance hiker this season certainly seems a bit strange.

Cutting a beautiful pine tree and bringing it home and erecting it your
living room and decorating it with all sorts of shiny things and trinkets and junk
. . . and watch it slowly die while we revel in the celebration of life!

Hype, hype, hype and over hype from every conceiveable angle and every
conceiveable source for every last penny that we have for stuff that few of us WANT
and none of us NEED.

For the hiker in all of us, Sir Walter Raliegh said it rather well, IMHO;

"Give me my Scallop shell of quiet,
My staffe of Faith to walke upon,
My Scrip of Joy, Immortall diet,
My bottle of salvation:
My Gowne of Glory, hopes true gage,
And thus Ile take my pilgrimage."
                               - - Sir Walter Raliegh, The Pilgrimage (1604)

Merry whatever!

Strider