[pct-l] RE: Gravity

Uh....now look;;;there aint no gravity anomalies anywhere that is gonna  move
your car...sorry...no...not ever...

In order to move youre car, Mr Gravity Anomalie is gonna havta over come  the
inertia of  the car and (more importantly for my example here)  both the
static friction (car is stuck on road) and the moving friction (the  resistance of
the bearings, piston vacuum, etc.(anyone pointing out piston  vacuum is not a
form of friction will be told to get a life.))

Grab yourself a paper airplane,  You know, the kind with the pointy  front.
Wave it in front of Mr. Gravity Anomalie.  Taunt  him. (nyah nyah...gravity
ain't been quatified...week force, week  force...nyah, nyah ,nyah...)  Be
careful because Mr Gravity Anomalie has a  big advantage here.  Since gravity is
proportional to the mass of the  objects attracting each other, your airplane
will initially be attracted to  Mr. G. just as the car was.  Release said plane
out of your  hand.  The moment you release it static friction and moving
friction will  aproach zero.  (Any aerospace engineers are hereby reminded that Star
Trek  is on and it's time to get offline.) Airplane will licketyspit start
sailing  toward Mr G.

My point is that if it can move a car, there'd be a lot more amazing stuff
to observe: confetti flying off your hand on a windless day. 98 pound
weeklings throwing shot puts record lengths.  52 year old  men, who are slightly
overweight with a little grey (loves movies,  long walks on the beach, romantic
dinners, please reply off line) running the  10.2 hundred meter dashes of their
youth (sigh...)  You don't see reports  like that, but there are lots of
reports of moving cars...because it's possible  for your eye to not get it right.
There are in fact true gravity  anomalies, but the forces are measured by
things like the deflection of metal  foil resting on the point of a pin, nothing
bigger than that.

So you see it just aint so...

....this was fun...I haven't enjoyed anything like this since Tom and I got
into that big arguement at work about what's in the air portion of those super
 Pasturized MiniMoos we use to add cream to our coffees...it ended when I
bloodied his nose and screamed that the vapor pressure off milk "solids" was not
 zero...that showed him...

And in an effort to make this relevant to the PCT...I like the PCT...it's
cool...