[pct-l] Ta"i Chi

I've spent the last 20 years doing and teaching body work.
Ta'i Chi is one type but takes a long time to master the basics. And, it
varies in result, depending on the availability of good teachers. With the
right teacher you also learn self defense, which was traditionally taught to
monks to protect themselves on their journeys of enlightenment. Sounds like
a thru-hike, right?

A couple of "short cuts" to good movement are the Alexander Method and
Feldenkrais. These are based on Ta'i Chi, and Yoga moves but are more user
friendly.

My personal favoriite for quick results, (like 6 months, not 5 minutes, you
gotta give it some work) are the Feldenkrais method audio tapes.

Feldenkrais is a movement re-patterning practice, where you teach your brain
to reprogram with very small slow movements. There's a series on how to
reprogram walking that will cause you to start moving better.
The URL for one source, (there are many) is www.achievingexcellence.com
Look for audio tapes that talk you through a lesson. You can (and should)
repeat the same lessons over and over.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com