[pct-l] Elite

Took me a while to figure this one out.  I really can't pin point any  Thru
or Sectional hikers even our triple crowns or even some of us who  frequently
post as elitist. We manage to police ourselves pretty well, Ha  Ha. When I was
in the Boy Scouts I can't say I met any one who I would  consider elite, but I
did hate some of the Scout Masters. After about forty  years on the trail I
found that the Sierra Club leaders  in their Wilderness Training Course comes
in first; hands down as the  Super Elite. That is of course in their own minds.
I feel one person who is  one of us who really deserves to be called the
elite his name Jim Whittaker, yet he shines with modesty; He is  my true Trail
Elite Hero. Go to his website  http://www.jimwhittaker.com/jimwhittaker/

Lonetrail