[pct-l] Winter Climate Outlook

In a message dated 11/30/2005 9:45:21 P.M. Pacific Standard  Time, Junaid
writes:

>>>My non scientific prediction is for an average  snow fall in the
Sierras>>>>
If a weatherman announces that the weather tomorrow will be just like the
weather today, he is statistically more likely to be accurate than if he reads
the isobars and millibars  ( or throws the I Ching, for that matter ) or
whatever it is they do.

It was supposed to rain violently here in the foothills of the headlands of
the Sierra Nevada last night.  In the pre-dawn hours, coffee in hand,  sitting
in the hot tub ( I know, I know.... decadent ) and listening to wind.,  it is
dry and warm.  Gray clouds, barely visible in the dark, are scudding
northwest... a sign that it is, in fact, coming.

I predict that another long-distance hiking season is just over the  horizon.
 I'm already thinking about sorting gear.

"No Way Ray"  Echols