[pct-l] How We Learn Stuff

> Don't send a tree (paper) to do an electrons' work (internet!)

<TIC>

Not a problem. Instead of receiving this message on paper (cost includes
production of paper and mail delivery), I'll read it on line. I have my
computer on 24/7 to receive email, another in my office to do the same, and
a Blackberry on my hip (recharged nightly) in case the email comes when I'm
away from home or my desk.

</TIC>

Seriously, we try to send most interoffice correspondence by email. Now,
instead of routing one piece of paper around for each person to read,
initial, and pass on, we just email it to everyone at once. They then each
print it out, make a copy to take home, and another copy to share with their
friend, who already saw it on their own email anyway. It's funny/sad how the
paperless office requires more paper than before computers.

AsABat