[pct-l] How We Learn Stuff

Whether global warming is caused by humans or not is, in my opinion, a moot
point.  The vast majority of scientists will agree that it is happening,
whatever the cause(s).  Even if it is "natural" (which I personally don't
believe is the case), should we stand by and do nothing?  An asteroid
heading for earth could be "natural", but I think most people would be fine
with doing almost anything to stop it.

As for global warmings relevancy to the PCT, what will happen to all the
natural areas we love if we don't do something about global warming?  I plan
on hiking the PCT in 2007 before starting a family, but my greatest fear is
that we won't still have beautiful places like this for my kids to enjoy or
even for me to enjoy after I am retired and once again have time to do
another long distance hike.  That fear is why I have the job I do
(www.seawaterfoundation.org) and why I get outside and into the mountains as
much as possible and why I love the PCT so fiercely.
Jenny