[pct-l] NOAA Winter Climate Outlook

Ryan,
 Don't take our barbs at this NOAA prediction too seriously. I,  for one,
appreciate your posting this information-- meaningful in the sense that NOAA
has no early portents of anomolous conditions for this upcoming winter.
Which is good news. They just went the long way around stating that. What I
was actually reacting to was the complete lack of anything informative when
one predicts a  a 50/50 chance for average values.This really is saying they
have no information at all and must resort to predicting the average. I
guess the statement is just a little too circuitous for me. In closing, I
guess we're going no matter what...

Jeff
Ex-biostatistician and soon-to-be practitioner of the Sierra Sun Dance...