[pct-l] NOAA Winter Climate Outlook

For further clarification on what 50/50 chances means, let us receive clarification directly from the NOAA:

?Equal chances, for temperature or precipitation, means there are no strong or consistent climate signals for either above or below normal conditions during the season,? said Edward O?Lenic, lead outlook forecaster at the NOAA Climate Prediction Center. ?Therefore, the selected area has an equal chance of warmer than, cooler than or near normal,? he added.

So what I am taking away from this is that the NOAA is predicting that we are likely to have a near normal amount of precipitation along the PCT this winter.

~~ Ryan