[pct-l] Stuck on Stupid off-road incusions et al

Wayne
"Any idiot could plainly see that the road was impassable "

But you missed the most important fact these guys where not just ANY idiots,
these where 1st class sub-morons, of the gorilla class, though not Darwin
Award winners (yet) they certainly do deserve an honorable mention.

But in all seriousness. If people want to get involved in stopping these
off-road incursions, you need to document the encounter with photographs, it
is best with photos of the license plates, vehicles, and people, or a
written description but the vehicle license is the key. and as they say in
real estate, Location, Location, Location

You'll have to be persistent with the authorities, some being more
interested in pursuing the offenders than others but it's a start.

The fines are minimal though and not much of a deterrent. I would like to
see the offenders pay for the damage to the trail and facilities and
prosecuted for vandalism. If I rode my motorcycle up on the State Capital
grounds and did doughnuts on the lawn and crashed through the flower beds
I'd be arrested and prosecuted and made to pay for the damage, I don't see
the difference.

Some simple language in some federal legislation would help in identifying
these people by requiring vehicles on federal lands to have a clearly
visible registration number on it front and rear with very stiff fines for
not complying $5000 or some such thing. Bicycles are considered vehicles and
as such would also have to be registered.

Prosicuting for the damage would far exceed any fine as tearing up a mile or
two of trail would cost many thousands to repair

Cheers
Trail90