[pct-l] Section E Expediton Impressions

The rocks/logs need to be where the trail goes through heavy brush, and on
the downhill side of a blind curve. I wonder how large of a log could step
over; I'm guessing 12 inches but though I was told they could do 18 inches.
At least by putting logs across the trail at junctions one creates a
presumption that vehicles should not go down the trail.

You're correct about b1kes going around. I remember seeing that just north
of AD, I think near Bear Spring, where the trail goes through a gate in a
fence. There was a well-worn single track down the meadow, through a cut in
the fence, and back around to the trail. That lets the b1kers say, "I didn't
see a sign on the trail _I_ took."

The signs are routinely ignored, the fences vandalized, and the trail
trashed. Nonmotorized violators could be caught without LE needing a dirt
bike just by staging above a popular trailhead, but LE doesn't have time to
just sit and wait for a violation.

My efforts at educating b1kers above Tahoe were a joke, as I later found
there were SIX signs at the trailhead they started at. They knew, they just
told me they didn't, and they ignored my strong suggestion to turn around.

I don't know the answer. I do know that I got better results at Barrel
Springs when I confronted a large group by myself, but I did have a Pulaski
in one hand and a McLeod in the other <grin>. Hmm...

AsABat