[pct-l] shoes

I used both the New Balance 806 and 808 this summer and liked the 808
because of the very open mesh in the top of the shoe.  My feet got very
dirty, but never sweaty, which meant not threat of blisters, let alone a
real blister.  I used to take my shoes off every hour or two, four times
a day minimum, usually more, to let the feet cool down and dry off.  No
need at all with these 808s, except when it was above 90 degrees.

I buy these shoes because I can get 14EEEE, and usually on sale for $50
or $60.  I've been using the 800 series for years, and always buy three
or four pair when I find them on sale.  I haven't found the fit to be
much different, but then, all I'm really concerned with is making sure
the width is wide enough...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD