[pct-l] re: Elite on the trail.

I am now making $400 to $600 a month (and growing) residual income representing the Oasis Life Sciences company product line.

It is paying for my upcoming third thru-hike of the PCT and will pay me while I hike it (and over the rest of my life for that matter).

The Oasis company did not design these products for thru-hikers, but the intense nutrition delivered and the extreme low weight of the products is allowing them to become an extension of the ultralight backpacking philosophy into the area of diet.

This is not magic berry juice or stuff that seems to work but no one really knows why. Oasis extracts the active compounds from medicinal plants and measures how these compounds support the repair and re-build functions of the human body at the genetic level. The resulting products are then tested at pharmaceutical levels (the sister company of Oasis is Unigen Pharmaceutical) through third party, placebo controlled, double blind, human clinical testing.

I will be carrying a daily ration of 8 ounces of the various Oasis products which will deliver more nutrition than anything I have ever used or seen used on the trail. Obviously more foods that this will be needed, but how much and in what forms remains to be seen and will be tested out on next summers hike. Overall, I am hoping to get twice the nutrition at half the weight.

Here is the link to the company web site:

http://www.oasislifesciences.com/

If you want to talk to me about it contact me at:

glenhubbell@yahoo.com

  Chance

The Mountain Goat <themtgoat@yahoo.com> wrote:   Jim;

  It feels like there is a lot of truth to what you said Jim,
  The trail was a wounderful break from the life we live in such a complicated world.
  Going on the trail, with its dificulties was more enjoyable, even when  your postholing or crossing big streams. Then there was the  Views...Ahhhh
  Down boy! Woooah! Stop,... Youll end up taking a hike for days....:-)

  To bad there isn't a way to get paid to do this sort of thing?

  Any ideas Anybody?

  -Mountain Goat-

  [pct-l] Why Hike?        Ginny & Jim Owen       spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
        Sun Nov 20 20:21:27 CST 2005
---------------------------------

Scott wrote:
>Provided you adhere to the guidelines deemed acceptable by the PCT elite in
>this community.

The "elite" in any community outside the military are only "elite" because
someone has declared them so.  If you find them on the trail, they'll be
sweating just like the rest of us - and many times, enjoying it less.

One of my many reasons to hike is that: A bad day on the Trail is better
than a good day at work.  That has hung over my desk at work for over 16
years.  There's no boss in this world that likes that philosophy.  But, like
"elites," bosses need something from you - so give Ceasar his due, but not
your soul.