[pct-l] Long Articles

Sometimes the links don't work.

Sometimes you have to subscribe/enroll in the newspaper site to read the article.

Pasting the whole article to a PCT-L post makes it easy for everyone to read it.

If you start to read a long PCT-L post and decide that it's too long, rambling, written for the average reader, filled with vague references, and does not provide significant information, then it is your prerogative to stop reading the PCT-L post.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

David Frederck <mt2mt@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Instead of pasting whole articles onto the list,
how about just including the link so that we may
read / go to the article if we wish.
I'm refering to the LONG article about the
AT, which I felt was rambling, and obviously
written for average newspaper readers.
It was full of vague references to "crimes"
which of course may happen anywhere, but
did not provide us with significant information
that "real" hikers don't already know.

If you want to find out about experiences we
have ample trail journals that give a more realistic
view of what long distant hiking is like.