[pct-l] Elites on the trail...

I left the trail this summer after hiking from Manning to Santiam Pass.
I met many of the hikers in the "wave."  I spent eight days in the
southern sierra in late september and met many of these hikers within
days, and in one case, an hour, of the end of their trip.

I was greeted with warmth and a sense of being seen that was really
heartwarming.  I think the whole idea of "elite," first part of a
humorous post, and now seemingly a topic a little bit worthy of thought
is a machination of being-in-the-world of workaday life.  There were
persons who were quirky on the trail, true characters, but no one in any
way seemed to think more highly of themselves - no one...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD