[pct-l] identifying 2 birds by song

I have had real difficulty in identifying, by song, 2 birds that I have
heard along the northern PCT, as well as the northern CDT.  I wonder if any
of you might be able to solve these mystery bird calls for me.  They are
hard to describe via email.

	1)	3 equal length notes, with the middle one being up a whole
step (musically).
	2)	3 equal length notes, descending stepwise.  Very similar to
the first three notes of "Three Blind Mice."

Someone directed me to a website with hundreds of bird calls on it, but
groping in the dark, so to speak, it would take me a month to go through
them.  Any ideas on which birds these might be?  I'd be grateful for any
help.

Thanks,  Dr Bob