[pct-l] OR and WA resupply recs

  Thanks Suge, your post was well thought-out & hopefully helpful to future hikers.

  One thing folks have mentioned (including Suge himself) is that this may not work for everyone.  However, I have a reason why that has not been mentioned.  You future hikers should know that Suge is very fast, as us mere mortals that he passed in 2003 found out.  He mentioned "being in the front of the pack" and the reason for it was because of his oftentimes covering big miles.  Sierra City to Manning in 50 days, according to his website, which is nearly 30 a day average.  So, he may have been covering 35 or more per day in Oregon, covering terrain in 3 days that would have taken most of us 4.

  So, if this strategy works for you, fantastic.  If you're a mere mortal like me, you may want to resupply more often.  Just make sure you have the info you need to decide.

  Ajax