[pct-l] Gear (my 2nd favorite topic)

Aloha everyone,

So the next few items on my to buy list for my 06 hike
are:

-down sleeping bag
-ice ax
-new pack
-crampons
-MSR 4L dromlite

Sleeping bag: as described in a previous post, it must
have a foot box that is semi-rectangular, and it must
be a 30ish degree bag.  My 25deg synthetic bag will be
my sierra/washington bag.
Question: has anyone come across a bag during their
searches that they think might be a good idea for me?
I've got a few that I've found, but I'd like to start
the 'potential' list with as many viable options as
possible before making cuts and settling on one.

Ice ax: wide open to suggestions here.  I have zero
frame of reference.

New pack: pretty much settled on the ULA catalyst. My
current Jansport pack is my backup (it could probably
do the whole trail, but is a bit on the not light
side).

MSR Dromlite bag: these water bladders are sweet.  MSR
kicks @$$.

Crampons:  the ones on the links page (camp 6) look
cool.  But again, no frame of reference, so
suggestions would be appreciated.

On a related subject: so I know a lot of people do the
trail primarily in sneakers/runningshoes/trail
runners, What about for the high sierra?  I'm thinking
use a midweight hiking boot with a tough toe area.

--------Junaid #41PCT2006
gear luster

http://mail.yahoo.com