[pct-l] Why We Hike

It has always seemed to me that the multi-day or section hiker seems to be
much more relaxed than the big mileage, multi-month hiker.

With that said, pleasures certainly exist for the multi-month mile slave
that the 7-mile a day poet will never, ever know.

It would be interesting to know if the author of this statement had ever
done a 40 mile day. Maybe the intent of the statement is to validate their
experience as 'better', having never participated in the other.

Hike your own hike.

"In our opinion, the greatest pleasures along this trail are enjoyed not
necessarily by hikers who cover forty miles a day, but by those who do
seven, and
especially by those who are part naturalist, poet, musician, artist.
Getting
the most out of this trail involves all the senses, and if we hone these
senses during a hike along the Pacific Crest Trail, we are apt to return
home
refreshed and more able to enjoy the miraculous in the commonplace that
surrounds
us daily."
<<<

Home       : http://DelNorteResort.Com