[pct-l] Why We Hike

No no no!! clearly we hike to see/hear/read
about post menarache details!!!  Clearly!!

(big smiles)...laughing all the way to the corner drugstore!!

;-)

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:08:11 EST, Bighummel wrote
> A couple great quotes from Ann & Myron  Sutton's "The Pacific Crest
> Trail - Escape to the Wilderness" 1975;

[UTF-8?]> ???A person may exercise a right increasingly restricted these
days:
> to wander at random.  This aimless roving may be contrary to the
> principles of industrial progress, but for a wanderer nothing is
[UTF-8?]> better calculated to clear the mind and enlarge the vision.???

[UTF-8?]> ???In our opinion, the greatest pleasures along this trail are
> enjoyed not necessarily by hikers who cover forty miles a day, but
> by those who do seven, and especially by those who are part
> naturalist, poet, musician, artist.  Getting the most out of this
> trail involves all the senses, and if we hone these senses during a
> hike along the Pacific Crest Trail, we are apt to return home
> refreshed and more able to enjoy the miraculous in the commonplace
[UTF-8?]> that surrounds us daily.???