[pct-l] The Pacific Crest Trailway-1945

I went to this website, and played with the calculator. Works great for trip
planning; but the real treasure on the site was a scanned copy of the first
Pacific Crest Trail Guide book! In 1945, the trail was called "The Pacific
Crest Trailway", and roughly follows today's route. Only a short 2156 miles
long, with 119 miles of roads, and 150 miles of cross-country using maps and
compass.  Seems like in 1977 there were about 600 miles of roads. There are
many great quotes, one is "our wildernesses are about gone".   The book is
downloadable, covers the history and background of the trail, and a must
read for today's cybersavy PCT hikers.
http://pcttrailway.pctplanner.com/index.php
Matt

Go to this website, its great _http://www.pctplanner.com/_