[pct-l] Reporting Lost Hiker?

There's no one number, 'cept your brother's.  If it is a serious concern
with you, carry a satellite phone.  The PCT is very well marked, and with
good wisdom and informed planning, you won't get lost. Enjoy the journey,
adapt to the unexpected, make wise decisions when problems arise, and don't
dwell on the "getting lost" potential. Injuries have the greatest odds, and
always have an exit strategy planned ahead. Call your brother at each phone
or food drop location and carrying a prepaid phone card could help keep
track of your progress. Yes, he would have to have a list of all the
National Forests, National Parks and County Sherrifs phone numbers to be
able to react to your "no show". I'll bet it exists for the PCT. The odds
are in your favor, tho.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hello,
 Just a quick question that I haven't yet found the answer to. I'm planning
on hiking the PCT in 2006. I plan on getting a permit and notifying my
brother of when I will be departing and arriving at each "leg" of my
journey. My question is, should I fail to report at the specified time, who
should my brother report me missing to? Obviously I plan on giving myself
plenty of time before I go "missing" to get to the next stopping point. Just
wondering if I had to give my brother a list of numbers (i.e. various Park
Ranger offices) or if there was one single number, and if so what might that
number be?
 Thanks,

Chai Guy
PCT Thru hiker 2006