[pct-l] SoCal PCT Hikes

If this has to do with mileage and hiking the stretch in one day, this year
I hiked just over a 25 in the same section this year.  I started about 6am
and finished not to long before dark.  I did stop over an hour to talk to a
slow hiker with a permanent knee injury (who I named Wounded Knee).

Days are much shorter now.  On the plus, the last few miles are a flat and
easy night hike.

Two day? Cold night?  One day and carry overnight gear just in case? Tough
choice.

Warner Springs Monty

Mountain.
> As for the part of Section C, not only at the beginning will you run into
> some climbing. There are a couple of canyons to climb out of going south.
> You will come up out of Mission Creek as well as White Water River
Canyons.
> Hope this helps, hike on!
> OC
>
>  On 10/20/05, Phil Baily <pbaily@webuniverse.net> wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for company on a couple of shorter hikes that I would like
> > do soon. In each case, we would meet at the finish, leave a car there
and
> > drive to the start. Upon reaching the finish we would drive back to the
> > start and the other car. Each of these hikes completes a PCT Guidebook
> > Section for me.
> >
> > 1. Section A: Pioneer Mail Trailhead (5260') to Scissors Crossing
(2250')
> > ---- 25 miles, all downhill, 1 (long) day, start early, maybe jog the
first
> > 10-15 miles, no water on trail, in San Diego County.
> >
> > 2. Section C: Near Onyx Summit (4 roads and a trail) (6100') to I-10
near
> > Cabazon (1360) --- 40 miles, a little uphill at the beginning and then
all
> > downhill, 2 days (I might be talked into 3 days.), Onyx Summit is on
Highway