From: PCTsectionNW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PCTsectionNW@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Phil Baily
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:49 PM
To: PCT-L; PCTsectionNW@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [PCTsectionNW] SoCal PCT Hikes

I am looking for company on a couple of shorter hikes that I would like to
do soon. In each case, we would meet at the finish, leave a car there and
drive to the start. Upon reaching the finish we would drive back to the
start and the other car. Each of these hikes completes a PCT Guidebook
Section for me.

1. Section A: Pioneer Mail Trailhead (5260') to Scissors Crossing (2250')
---- 25 miles, all downhill, 1 (long) day, start early, maybe jog the first
10-15 miles, no water on trail, in San Diego County.

2. Section C: Near Onyx Summit (4 roads and a trail) (6100') to I-10 near
Cabazon (1360) --- 40 miles, a little uphill at the beginning and then all
downhill, 2 days (I might be talked into 3 days.), Onyx Summit is on Highway
38 SE of Big Bear.

Best time for me is from Oct. 29 to Nov. 11, excluding Nov. 2,3.

Let me know if you are interested,

                                    Phil,  (AKA Pieces)

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*          Visit your group "PCTsectionNW
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTsectionNW> " on the web.

*          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: